Join us in working towards #ahomeforeverychild that is safe, nurturing and stable
There are a number of ways you can get involved as a Changemaker with Adopt Change. All of the options are for the same goal – so that all children and young people can thrive! Our largest campaign of the year is Yesvember. Turn November into Yesvember and support our work towards a home for every child.” Every child deserves access to a safe, nurturing and permanent home.
- There are around 45,000 children (enough to fill a stadium), living in out of home care in Australia, many for two years or more.
- There were 334 adoptions in Australia in 2019, and while this is up 20% from four years ago, it is nowhere near the tens of thousands of Australian children requiring stability.
- 40% of children in out-of-home care have had between 2 and 10 placements.
- The impacts of impermanency are well documented, with many who have bounced around the foster care system as children experiencing poorer life outcomes such as homelessness, substance abuse, and health problems.
All children need permanency – preferably through supports being put in place so they can remain safely with their family of origin. When this is not possible, other permanent options such as kinship care, guardianship and adoption should be considered to determine what is in the best interests of the child. Join us in calling for #aHomeForEveryChild!
- Go to our online shop to purchase your #AHomeForEveryChild cap.
- Post a selfie and a 10-second clip to social media of yourself sharing what home means to you whilst you’re wearing your cap.
- Don’t forget to include the hashtags #aHomeForEveryChild and #Yesvember on your posts so we can find you and share on our own social media channels!
Together let us show our government and community there are many of us who support permanency for all children.