Thank you for your interest in working with us at Adopt Change as we work towards all children having access to safe, nurturing and stable homes where they can grow, learn, play and thrive.
Please see below the list of current opportunities.
Carer Support Team Out-of-Home Care
Who we are
Adopt Change is a not-for-profit organisation which has a vision for a world where all children can grow, learn, play and thrive in safe, nurturing and stable homes, schools and communities. It is our mission to support and educate families and communities in caring for vulnerable and displaced children. We also recruit, support, train and advocate for foster and kinship parents, guardians and adoptive parents from out-of-home care (OOHC) through our NSW-based program My Forever Family.
The Carer Support team manage state-wide enquiries from prospective, newly engaged and existing foster, relative and kinship carers of children across NSW to help provide advice and support.
We are looking to fill a full-time vacancy for a Carer Support Officer to reach out to local communities in the Sydney Metro area or in other locations throughout NSW. Part-time and other flexible options will also be considered. Carer Support Officer roles are remunerated under the SCHADS Award.
A degree of casework is involved, and you will assist carers with information, support, advocacy and connecting them with training opportunities. You will engage and network with agencies in the area to promote My Forever Family NSW and its services to their carers.
To be considered for and ultimately be successful in this role, you will need to have:
- Background working with children or families in the OOHC system and/or the Permanency Support Program, or relevant work in the social welfare sector.
- Cultural competence and proven track record in working with children and families from diverse cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families.
- Competent presentation and training skills.
- Demonstrated casework management with accurate record keeping.
- Strong listening and communication skills and the ability to identify core issues quickly and accurately.
- Ability to maintain a calm, empathic and professional disposition during various levels of client calls, including those which are sensitive in nature and/or with heightened emotions of clients.
- Problem solving skills with ability to self-manage and prioritise while also working in a team under appropriate direction.
- Confidence in digital and online systems, working with data bases including recording case notes, working remotely when required, and adept at navigating online environments including social media for instant messaging.
- Demonstrated ability to apply sound judgement and make decisions involving the welfare of others.
- Excellent communication skills and a sound understanding of and ability to articulate clearly to a diverse range of audiences.
Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Social Science, Welfare or a related Human Services discipline and experience is highly desirable, along with data/record management proficiency and contact centre/helpline experience.
The position is full time for a duration of 6 months with an opportunity for extension as work progresses.
In exchange for your commitment and experience, we offer a family friendly and flexible working environment with attractive PBI salary packaging. Adopt Change embraces a hybrid working environment. Our Carer Support roles can operate remotely with a requirement to travel to our head office in Sydney for professional development and attendance at relevant events.
To be considered for roles with Adopt Change you will need to have (or be willing to undergo) a National Police Clearance and current Working with Children Check. Please ensure you have work rights in Australia. You must have a current driver’s licence with the ability to attend carer related events. You will also need full Covid vaccinations complete, as this is a role that will include in-person meetings including time in the office.
If you want to be part of a committed and innovative team making a real difference to the welfare of children, have empathy, drive, and commitment to help us realise our organisational goals, plus a can-do attitude and innovative ideas, we’d love to hear from you.
We work closely with Aboriginal partnership agencies in the community and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates.
How to Apply
Please attach a brief cover letter outlining your suitability for the role by describing how your background, skills and career goals match the program needs. Applications can be sent to the Adopt Change Talent Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To find out more about the My Forever Family program please visit www.myforeverfamily.org.au.
Adopt Change values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome applications from all eligible candidates, regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, cultural background, religious affiliation, age or disability.